A First

This afternoon I went to my first Parent Teacher Conference at Waverly's school.  It was wonderful.  Wavey's teacher is a gem.  She told me over and over again just how much she and her staff adore Waverly.  And that the students really like her as well, especially a little girl who is a bit of a chatterbox and talks to Wavey constantly.  She also likes to help push Waverly's chair.  Wavey is making clear choices when given 2 items - toys, books, food items.  PE is her favorite time of the day (she does NOT take after me).  Her teacher is working with Assistive Technology to create more games/programs involving characters she likes.  The program will read a story and only progress when Wavey pushes a large button.  She is very creative and always looking for interesting ways to engage Wavey.

I left the meeting quite proud of my little girl.  She is such a lovable kid.  I am so thankful that she is in such a great classroom.  I know in speaking with other Sanfilippo families, that IEPs and school placements can be a tremendous headache.  We are so blessed.

Comments

Liv Life said…
This was so nice to read. I'm so nervous when it comes to school. My husband is an assistant principal, so I know all about IEP's. Your children are so adorable, and I LOVE their names! Are you attending the Disney conference? Thank you for sharing this good experience! Prayers to you and your family.

Popular Posts