Happy Thanksgiving (late)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  On Tuesday afternoon we loaded up the minivan and set off for my parents' home in PA.  After a VERY long 7 hour drive (the traffic getting out of DC and through Baltimore was nightmarish), we arrived and reinforcements (ie my folks) were there to greet us.  We went out for breakfast to our favorite little diner and then spent some time with my Nana.  That night my sister and her family arrived.  Waverly loves being around so many people and spent most of the visit laughing and jumping on the couch.  Oliver is still learning how to share his train set.

Thanksgiving Day was great.  My mom had 22 people over for a delicious dinner.  I had a very difficult time last Thanksgiving.  Wavey was becoming more manic and harder to control at the table.  I was so sad that my little girl couldn't sit at the table without throwing plates, pulling the tablecloth or causing disruptions.  I remember leaving the table to cry, with my mom and sister sitting crying beside me.  This year we set up a special table for Waverly.  She did beautifully and loved all of the food.  Oliver was so tired he ate lunch and was napping during the feast.

I had to drive Matt to Philly that night, so he could catch the train back to DC.  He had to work all weekend.  I decided to stay in PA with the kids for a few extra days.  We had a great time.  The kids love their cousins!!  It is always a nice break to be back in PA.  My parents are very hands on with the kids and have learned how to care for them.  It is a huge blessing to be able to have that break when we are there.

Comments

So awesome to have such hands-on grandparents. I'm glad you have great support. Glad it was a great holiday.

Popular Posts