Photo Books

I have spent the past few days organizing photos.  Since our return to the US, I have taken thousands of pictures.  However, they are just sitting on our computer.  So I uploaded them to snapfish (it took forever!) and I have been working on creating photo books.  I am typically a purger - I love giving things away that we no longer use and I despise clutter.  But when it comes to photos of Waverly & Oliver, I just can't hit that delete button.  I want to remember each and every moment - eyes closed, head down and all.  I have finished 2 books thus far - our Disney World trip from last December and our Cape May weekend from the summer.  I jammed it full of my favorites and the leftovers are sitting in a photo file.  I am still not sure what I will do with all of them.  Now I just want the books delivered, so I can see them!

Looking back is so much fun.  There is a story behind each photo and creating the photo books allowed me to put text on each page...a reminder for when I am old.  Looking back is also a stark reminder of just how much Wavey has changed.  I remember being in the moment a year ago and thinking that I have lost so much of my little girl.  Yet now I look back, compare to today and realize that I should have savored the moment more.  This disease is so cruel.  Only other parents whose children suffer from disease such as Sanfilippo can understand this conflict - taking joy in today while anticipating the pain of tomorrow.  It is a terrible.

I am saving the memories.  Capturing them, so I can find comfort in them years from now.

Comments

Charity said…
So glad you are capturing precious memories of Wavey and Oliver. I bet the 2 books are darling. Keep it up! Love you.
Joanne Huff said…
Shannon,

I feel so emotional just reading this post. Ans as you said, all of us Sanfilippo parents can truly feel what you wrote. It is so hard looking back, wishing I had done more to enjoy the moments back then and then realizing that in these present moments I still need to do that more now. This is a surreal world, the one in which we live.

Praying for cure. Joanne
Misty said…
Understanding the feeling...

Popular Posts