What Will I Be?



I often say that it is the little things that bring me joy.  Those same little things can also bring profound sadness.  Oliver has been obsessed with the Dora book "What Will I Be?" for the past few weeks.  He takes it back and forth with him to the car, he has taken it to school and doctor appointments.  For some reason, he has grown very attached to this board book.  I didn't think anything of it until Matt pointed out the sad irony.  

What will I be when I grow up?  We have all asked ourselves that question....I still ask myself that question.  Matt and I often say that Waverly & Oliver would be dentists if they could - Wavey loves to touch our teeth and Oliver loves a Dora book about going to the dentist.  I hate the conditional IF in that sentence.

To Oliver he is simply enjoying the pictures in a book, but to me it is a constant reminder that their lives are much too short.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I found your blog through a friends.. I find myself in complete awe of your strength and at the same time sad fo your journey. My kids have this book and I will think of you as we read it.. then we will pray for you.. God Bless as you continue down your path .. knowing that there are many of us praying for you often.
Joanne Huff said…
This entry makes my heart so heavy and so very sad, Shannon. It's just not fair. We've often thought the same with Sasha, so many things that we often wonder. There are infinite layers to this kind of heartbreak.

Many hugs to you all tonight, especially as Oliver reads his book and you tuck him in. Love, Joanne

Popular Posts